1. Know where your time is going
- RescueTime: Track your productivity & time on the computer
- Categorizes activities based on an assessment of how productive it is
- Helps you honestly assess & gain an insight into where you're spending your time
- Similar to a food diary. You can't keep track of it all in your head!
- Premium version can block distracting sites
2. Find your weak spot & figure out how to work with it
- Block or move distractions
- "Hide" distracting browser tabs: Once you gain insight into your big distractions, you can move them into a completely separate window
- Phone: Turn off notifications; airplane mode
- Workspace: Create a quiet, interruption-free zone
- Schedule time for distractions - allows you to respond (instead of react) to things
- Listener comment: ommwriter.com is a good distraction free website
3. Pomodoro Technique
- 25 minute cycle of productivity, followed by a 5 minute break. After the 4th "Pomodoro", you get an extended break.
- Think of how much you get done in those last 25 minutes before you have to head out the door.
- Listener comment: this is a great technique for homeschooling side-by-side with running a homebased business!
- Pomodoro Time app available in the iTunes store
Want to support more scopes like this?
Shop around at www.handcraftedhoneybee.com--it's the way this scope and all of our other business endeavors are supported!